• Home
    Home This is where you can find all the blog posts throughout the site.
  • Categories
    Categories Displays a list of categories from this blog.
  • Tags
    Tags Displays a list of tags that have been used in the blog.
  • Bloggers
    Bloggers Search for your favorite blogger from this site.
  • Team Blogs
    Team Blogs Find your favorite team blogs here.
  • Login
    Login Login form

Carbon Monoxide : Always Silent, Potentially Deadly

Posted by on in Chamber News
  • Font size: Larger Smaller
  • Hits: 247
  • Subscribe to this entry
  • Print

 

 

 

View Text Only   |   View in Browser

SoCalGas, a Sempra Energy Utility

 

Carbon Monoxide (CO) Safety

An Odorless, But Potentially Deadly, Gas

Carbon monoxide (CO) is a dangerous gas that you cannot smell, taste or see. Breathing in carbon monoxide can displace the oxygen in your blood, causing carbon monoxide poisoning. Severe cases of carbon monoxide poisoning can be deadly.

The stages of carbon monoxide poisoning produce unexplained symptoms, such as:

  • Sudden flu-like symptoms
  • Headaches, shortness of breath, fatigue
  • Nausea or vomiting
  • Dizziness, lightheadedness, mental confusion, drowsiness
  • Rapid or fluttering heartbeat
  • Unconsciousness 

Read more about carbon monoxide and how to keep your family safe and informed. 
 

Learn More

Did you Know?

The risk of carbon monoxide exposure occurs more frequently in winter months when people use furnaces, fireplaces and portable generators to stay warm.

Find out more





 





 

Appliance Safety & Maintenance

Carbon monoxide can be caused by improper installation, poor maintenance, appliance misuse or failure.

Learn More

Connect with Us*

Facebook

Twitter

YouTube

Instagram

Explore SoCalGas

socalgas.com   |   Ways to Pay   |   Pay Your Bill Online   |   Rebate Programs

     

 

 

 

 

http://links.mkt2172.com/servlet/MailView?ms=MTA0ODAzNzQS1&r=MTg1MTg3MTk5MTEzS0&j=MTEwMTc0NTcwNAS2&mt=1&rt=0

Last modified on
0